As we continue to optimize our checkout experiences, we have cleaned up duplicate code to ensure that we can deliver an exceptional checkout experience for current and future checkout features. We have also added the ability for buyers to enter a custom amount for purchase of an item or to use the + and - buttons to increase or decrease quantity. This ensures that buyers with larger orders can easily convert with their desired amount of items purchased.
Trial With and Without Payment:
In the months since we released Trial Without Payment, we continue to optimize and add new features to ensure that sellers have the best experience when creating free trials on the FastSpring platform. To support this, we have made the following changes:
- Added support for sellers to run free trial transactions in test mode.
- Updated the CTA button to say “Start Free Trial”
- Added the ability for buyers to pay now or pay later in the account management portal during the trial period.
- Updated notification to include both buyer and seller when a free trial is started.
- Fixed an issue in which sellers were able to add a free trial under subscriptions that required a one-time setup fee.
- Updated our web storefront to ensure that when using a free trial in web storefront, buyers aren’t asked to save payment information.
- Updated free trials to ensure that buyers can easily update their payment information in the account management portal when moving to a paid trial.
- Optimized configurations to clarify the price of a paid trial when that trial is greater than zero.
- Changed display language for when a coupon would decrease the price of a paid trial to less than zero to say “Free”.
- Fixed an issue where certain checkout sessions produced a “Validation Failed” error when quote was selected as the payment method.
- Fixed an issue with SEPA payment method where fulfillment was sometimes triggered before the order was complete.
- Fixed an issue with SBL where an invalid zip code returned an error for certain checkout sessions.
- Replaced “$0.00” with “Free” in the checkout for certain countries.
- Fixed an issue in which buyers were receiving duplicate order and subscription emails.
- Clarified subscription language in the Account Management portal.
- Fixed an error in which the “Real-time” and NACHA checkboxes weren’t being displayed in some cases.
- Updated buyer sessions quote payment method for Net Mode.
- Resolved an issue to ensure accurate completion of iDeal orders.
- Optimized subscription tools to ensure accurate billing and subscription end dates.
- Resolved an issue with rebilling to ensure that auto-renew occurs as intended.
- Resolved a display issue with the subscription.charge.completed webhook when a rebill wax completed.
- Fixed invoices and quotes to ensure that all fields display as intended.
- Fixed an issue in which volume discounts were not carried over when quantities were changed via API.
- New alert information was added for specific payments to clarify the non-real-time nature of the transaction.