New Welcome Dashboard and Onboarding Experience for Free Trials
In an effort to improve the onboarding experience of new sellers and to deliver more valuable information to our existing sellers, we’ve launched a new version of our welcome dashboard. With this launch, we’ve created two new widgets to better help sellers understand the value FastSpring delivers from day one.
First, we have enabled Checkout Preview which, with branding and localization customization, you’ll be able to see what your checkout can look like with FastSpring right from our dashboard.
Second, we’ve enabled our Total Cost of Ownership Calculator. With this calculator, you’ll be able to better understand how FastSpring saves you money in comparison to other DIY providers like Stripe. We encourage you to take a look and reach out to our sales team to better understand exactly how we can help your business save money.
Beyond these two widgets, we’ve also added blocks to provide additional valuable information such as: new product updates, customer stories, thought leadership, developer documentation and much more.
New and Improved Webhook Status Reporting
As we go into 2023, we are striving to deliver improvements to make our platform more developer friendly. To this end, we’ve released a new Webhook Log which displays rich information for each of your webhook events. Now, understand which webhook events belong to, what ID it’s associated with, how many attempts were made, and much more right from the FastSpring platform.
Not only will you get an overview, but you’ll also be able to view detailed information about the event, including its JSON payload and response history. Further, you can filter out certain webhooks based on criteria like event type, status, creation date, and more to better streamline your review of each webhook you’re using.
Want to know more? Check out our documentation here.
Collect Payments through True ACH Transfers
A vital part of any B2B transaction, FastSpring now fully supports ACH transactions for all of its sellers. Purchasers in the US or Canada can leverage ACH not only for one-time transactions, but also for rebills such as subscriptions.
Take a look at our docs to learn more about this exceptional payment method.
- Improved on custom attributes for products to more accurately reflect changes from one product to another when a plan change happens.
- Added a new field in return.created webhook events to distinguish between a full and partial refund at the item level to improve ease of comparing total price vs. total price returned.
- Fixed an issue in which quote prices were incorrectly displayed after clicking the “Accept and Continue” button in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in which a subscription cancellation would occasionally trigger two subscription update emails.
- Fixed an issue in which some Australian orders were missing the street name in the buyer address.
- Fixed an issue in which some buyers weren’t receiving an order invoice for monthly subscriptions.
- Fixed an issue in which Digital Invoicing was not accepting valid VAT IDs from some orders in the Czech Republic.
- Fixed an issue in which some trial dates were missing in the shopping cart when a coupon was applied to a subscription.