Reporting and Analytics:
We have officially launched our new Reporting and Analytics Dashboards and new Data API! Now, FastSpring offers two new dedicated Dashboards: Revenue Overview and Subscription Overview in addition to a new Data API. With our new Dashboards you now have the ability to quickly analyze sales by product, country, or coupon, uncover drivers of MRR trends, track churn more closely, and understand customer lifetime value behavior at a glance. With the new Data API you can programmatically pull data into your internal data warehouse and leverage your reporting tool of choice.
Embedded Checkout is live for all FastSpring sellers! Now, sellers have the ability to add an inline checkout experience to product or pricing pages or your subscription sign-up page. We’ve also added deeper branding support with CSS overrides. CSS overrides can be enabled upon request from email@example.com.
Trial Without Payment:
Free trials are a key customer acquisition strategy and FastSpring continues to iterate on our ability to support free trials, including trials without the need for an upfront payment method. To better support buyer and seller workflows, we now have the ability to Reactivate inactive subscriptions directly within the platform. Now, there’s no need for a buyer to create a new ticket to continue their subscription. Instead, they can do it directly from the Account Management Portal at any time.
Canada Tax Regulation
Whenever it comes to the ever-changing world of global taxes, we have you covered. We’ve recently made a few changes to ensure compliance with updated tax regulations in Canada. Specifically, FastSpring has updated its systems to accurately reflect GST/HST for all applicable products and subscriptions in Canada. As a part of that, we have updated our systems to collect zip/postal codes from all orders in Canada. It is now required for all Canadian purchasers to provide a zip code in the checkout.
- Fixed an api bug to create a new account accurately when using an old/already updated email address.
- Fixed an issue in which VAT was being deducted twice from the total amount in checkout when using the India Rupee.
- Fixed an issue in which activated subscription emails were displaying the incorrect date.
- Fixed an issue to send customer emails to the updated email instead of the email provided at checkout when a customer updates their email.
- Fixed an issue in which quotes were not changing status after their expiration date.
- Corrected calculations for volume discounts in NET stores in non-USD currency.
- Fixed a display issue in free trial with manual renewal in which taxes weren’t being shown on the invoice and order detail page.
- Updated the account management portal to accurately show prices for free and paid trials.
- Updated checkout to show total price including taxes and product price accurately in certain edge cases.
- Due to a recent change with our payment processors’ banking partner, we can no longer support AUD wire. We will, however, support wires from - Australia as long as they are not in AUD.
- Added support to redirect to a different dashboard for the platform landing page.